Add promo code Professional to get 10% off at checkout
Professional Tuning kit - Ski & Snowboard
Prices vary depending on your selections. Promo code is not applicable on professional iron upgrades.
DescriptionDo you want absolutely everything you need to tune your skis or snowboards for years to come? The SIDECUT Professional Tuning Kit was designed for those who tune before nearly every session on the mountain and want the very best products to get the job done precisely and efficiently. Our most complete kit so you shop only once.
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
- WC File Guide with Trigger Clamp - choose between 91º,92º,93º,94º or 95º degrees (these degrees are synonymous to 89º,88º,87º,86º and 85º degrees respectively). Used for sharpening your side-edges.
- 2 x WC Files - choose between Cut 10, 14, 15, or 16. For use on side-edges with your File Guide. Short files work better for side-edge sharpening because they give you the most accurate bevel matching the contour of the side cut.
- 3 x WC Diamond Guides - choose between 91º, 92º, 93º or 94º degrees only. Be sure your Diamond Guides angle matches your File Guide. Why 3? Because it saves you time. For example, you can use one for burr removal, one for sharpening and one for polishing. Many of our customers suggested we offer this, so we have. With replaceable diamond you only need to buy the machined aluminium backing disc once.
- 5 x Diamond Discs - you receive all 5 of our discs - 120, 200, 400, 600 and 1000 grits. Mount on your Diamond Guides for both side-edge sharpening & polishing. Diamond Discs work better on side-edges since all of the diamond can be utilized by simply spinning the disc. Replaceable diamond discs allow you to easily replace worn out discs. Note: you only need to buy the machined aluminium backing disc once.
- Special SIDECUT Edge Oil - used with all of our SIDECUT Diamond products. Apply on the side-edges to create smoother, faster edges that grip better on hard-pack and icy conditions. Also, used to clean all Diamond Stones and Discs to extend their life.
- PRO Base-Edge Bevel Guide - select 0.5º, 0.7º, 1.0º or 1.5º degree increment. You can also add additional interchangeable glide plates (see drop-down options). This tool is used to get the exact base bevel and also polish the base-edges of your skis or boards.
- Base-Edge File - comes with a 250mm long base-edge Cut 12 File which fits perfectly in our Sidecut Base-Edge Guides. Used for setting the angle of the base-edges and for top sheet clean-up/removal.
- File Brush - used to clean and increase the longevity of all files.
- 4 x Diamond Stones - you receive a 200, 400, 600 and 1000 grit. 110mm x 25mm or 4.2"x 1" in length and designed to fit perfectly in your Base-Edge Guides. Replaceable diamond sheets allow you to easily replace worn out diamond surface. Note: you only need to buy the machined aluminium backing plates once.
- Gummi Green Stone - is what you'll use for the final deburring of your edges and also polishing the stainless steel glide plates on your Guides should they get marked.
- Gummi Stone Blue - is harder than our Green Gummi and better for removing corrosion, burrs and detuning edges.
- WC Sidewall Remover with Micro-adjuster & Stablizer - this is our best Sidewall Tool because stability & adjustability is crucial when you're learning to remove your sidewalls. Creates clean and smooth sidewalls. Choose between: round standard, round sharp, square or multi carbide cutters. Removing sidewall is mandatory to achieve the exact bevel you desire. Simply turn the thumb knob to dial in the exact cutting tolerance.
- Topsheet Remover - Designed to remove the top sheet of all skis & boards to precisely 110º or greater if desired. This allows your File/Diamond Guides the necessary clearance to apply the correct bevel. Used prior to side-edge sharpening whenever interference occurs. Used in the set-up of all new skis & boards. Note: Top sheets that aren't profiled correctly will interfere with the file and/or stones ability to contact the still at the tips and tails making it impossible to sharpen your edges on the correct angle affecting the performance of the ski.
- True Bar - used to evaluate base flatness, edge bevel and the work that needs to be performed prior to tuning. Made of precision steel and accurate to within 1/1000th of an inch.
- Brake Retainers - used for getting your ski brakes out of the way while you tune, scrape, brush, and wax. 1 pair included.
- Protective Tuning Gloves - essential for safety, these Kevlar lined and tight fitting gloves eliminate cuts. You won't lose feel, but will gain confidence. Choose size: XS-XXL.
- Oval Nylon Brush - recommended exclusively by Nanox for brushing out all of their waxes. Comes with an adjustable velcro strap to fit any hand size and a high quality bag to protect it from dirt and other impurities that can damage your base and slow you down. Choose stiffer or softer bristles.
- Steel Scraper - used to remove base, aid in base repairs, removing P-tex, glue or even harder waxes. Made of high quality steel, very sharp and smooth.
- Plexi Wax Scraper - with 4 differently machined corners: a 45º corner, a rounded corner for sidewalls, an end-notch for edges and a 90º corner for hard to reach spots. Won't scratch your base.
- Vices - Choose between ski or snowboard. SKI: 60mm wide centre jaw clamp pads offer excellent grip and open from 35mm-100mm. Clamps to workbenches or tables up to 60mm thick. End supports adjust in height from 130mm to 170mm and can pivot up to 50º degrees (from straight position) for multiple angle settings. SNOWBOARD: Wide rubber pads offer excellent grip and stability for snowboards both vertically and flat. Rubber pads on top of the clamps allow to safely rest your board base side down to safely adjust bindings or doing other repairs. Clamps to workbenches or tables up to 60mm (2.5 inches) thick. These end supports also feature an adjustable slider mechanism to lock snowboards securely in the vertical position for side-edge work.
- 150mm 6 piece Roto Brush Kit - roto handle, shield, stainless steel drive shaft, brass, horse-hair and nylon 150mm roto brushes included. An extremely efficient way for base preparation, cleaning, wax removal, polishing and finishing of the base resulting in the ultimate gliding characteristics of your skis or board.
- Digital Iron - Features a smooth control dial to easily adjust temperature by 1 degree increments and has a range from 80º-170º Celcius or 176º-338º Fahrenheit. A microprocessor controls temperature fluctuations and the ergonomic chassis enables waxing in a variety of positions. Contains a memory function that displays the last temperature you set each time it's turned on. A polished aluminium flat & smooth base-plate distributes wax more evenly and the smooth rounded edges eliminate damaging your base. Power = 850Watts. Voltage range = 100-127. Dimensions: L145mm x W105mm. Thickness of the soleplate = 18mm. A long 2.0 meter power cord makes it easy to use without an extension cord. Upgrading to our Professional Series Irons is possible - see dropdown menu.
- Nanox Extra Hard Training Wax - ONE training wax for all snow conditions & temperatures. 300 grams typically waxes 30-35 pairs of adult length skis or 40-45 pairs of junior length skis or 25-30 snowboards. This wax is FAST & protects the base better than regular training wax.
- Nanox CFX II Race Wax - ONE race wax for all snow conditions & temperatures. 220 grams will wax 15-20+ pairs of adult skis or 20-25+ junior skis and 12-15 snowboards.
- Full Bib-style Tuning Apron - keeps you clean and also provides a great place to roll up your tools for easy storage and travel.
- Watch our 4 step learn how-to-tune videos for both children's and adult skis: Instructional Tuning Videos
Used by: All-Mountain Skiers, Free-Riders, Ski Racers and Snowboarders.
SIDECUT® Ski & Snowboard tuning and wax products in Canada, USA, Europe, Norway, Sweden, Australia & New Zealand.
© 2022 Sidecut Tuning All Rights Reserved