Advanced Tuning Kit - Ski & Snowboard
DescriptionAlready know how to tune your own skis or snowboards but need a fresh upgrade to your toolbox?
The SIDECUT Advanced Tuning Kit was designed for those who already know how to tune. We're certain this kit will enhance your tuning abilities and enable you to get the best tunes you've ever produced with minimal effort. We assume you already have your waxing gear but it you don't, these items are sold separatley.
In this Kit you will receive:
- WC File Guide with Trigger Clamp - choose between 91,92,93,94 or 95 degrees (these degrees are synonymous to 89,88,87,86 and 85 degrees respectively). Used for sharpening your side-edges.
- WC File - choose between Cut 10, 14, 15, or 16. For use on side-edges with your File Guide. Short files work better for side-edge sharpening because they give you the most accurate bevel.
- WC Diamond Guide - choose between 92, 93 or 94 degrees only. Be sure your Diamond Guide angle matches your File Guide. Used for sharpening and polishing your side-edges after filing.
- 2 x Diamond Discs - choose between 120, 200, 400, 600, 1000 grits. Mounts on your Diamond Guide for the side-edge polishing. Diamond Discs work better for side-edge sharpening and polishing since all of the diamond can be used by simply spinning the disc.
- 2 x Base Edge Guides - choose between 0.5, 0.7 or 1.0 degree increments. Used to polish the base-edges of your skis or boards.
- Base-Edge File - comes with a 250mm long base-edge Cut 14 File which fits perfectly in our Sidecut Base Guides. Used for setting the angle of the base-edges and for top sheet removal.
- File Brush - used to clean and increase the longevity of all your files.
- Diamond Stone - choose between 200, 400, 600 or 1000 grits. 110mm x 25mm or 4.4"x 1" in length and designed to fit perfectly in our Base Edge Guides.
- Gummi Stone - is what you'll use for the final deburring of your edges and polishing the stainless steel glide plates on your Guides should they get scratched.
- WC Sidewall Remover with Stablizer - this is our best Sidewall Tool because stability is important when you're learning to remove your sidewalls. Creates clean and smooth sidewalls. Choose between: round standard, sharp-round or square carbide cutter. Removing sidewall is mandatory to achieve the exact bevel you desire.
- True Bar - used to evaluate base flatness, edge bevel and the work that needs to be performed prior to tuning. Made of precision steel and accurate to within 1/1000th of an inch.
- Brake Retainers - used for getting your ski brakes out of the way while you tune, scrape, brush, and wax. 1 pair included.
- Protective Tuning Gloves - essential for safety these Kevlar lined and tight fitting gloves eliminate cuts. You won't lose feel and will gain confidence. Choose size: XS-XL.
- Oval Nylon Brush - recommended exclusively by Nanox for brushing out all of their waxes. Comes with an adjustable velcro strap to fit any hand size and a high quality bag to protect it from dirt and other impurities that can damage your base and slow you down. Choose stiffer - 9mm bristles or softer - 11mm bristles.
- Plexi Wax Scraper - with 4 differently machined corners: a 45 degree corner, a rounded corner for sidewalls, an end-notch for edges and a 90 degree corner for hard to reach spots. Won't scratch your base.
- Full Bib-style Tuning Apron - keeps you clean and also provides a great place to roll up your tools for easy storage and travel.
Used by: All-Mountain Skiers, Free-Riders, Ski Racers and Snowboarders.
SIDECUT® Ski & Snowboard tuning and wax products in Canada, USA, Europe, Norway, Sweden, Australia & New Zealand.
© 2020 Sidecut Tuning All Rights Reserved