Add promo code Intro to get 10% off at checkout
Intro Tuning kit - Ski & Snowboard
DescriptionWant to get into tuning your own skis or snowboards but don't know where to start? The SIDECUT Intro Tuning Kit was designed specifically for those who need the key essential tools to do an amazing job on their gear. Everything included in this kit coincides with steps 1-3 of our how-to-tune adult skis 4 step video. Remember you'll still need waxing tools which are sold separately. See our Basic Waxing Kit. Click to see Basic Waxing Kit
Save yourself time and money by trusting us to decide what the key tools you need are.
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
- WC File Guide with Trigger Clamp - choose between 91º,92º,93º,94º or 95º degrees (these degrees are synonymous to 89º,88º,87º,86º and 85º degrees respectively). Used for sharpening your side-edges. 92º degree Guides are without a doubt the most common angle used.
- WC File - choose between Cut 10, 14, 15 or 16. For use on side-edges with your File Guide. Short files work better for side-edge sharpening because they give a more accurate bevel.
- WC Diamond Guides - choose between 91º, 92º, 93º or 94º degrees. Be sure the angle of your Diamond Guide matches the angle of your File Guide. Used for sharpening and polishing after filing as well as removing burrs before filing. Why use a Diamond Guide? Because it eliminates the need to exchange files and diamonds on only a File Guide, saving you considerable time.
- Diamond Discs - choose between a 120, 200, 400, 600 and 1000 grits. Mount on your Diamond Guides for the side-edge sharpening & polishing. Diamond Discs work better on side-edges since all of the diamond can be utilized by simply spinning the disc.
- Base-Edge Guides - choose between 0.5, 0.7, 1.0 and 1.5 degree increments. Used to polish and remove burrs on the base-edges of your skis or boards.
- Base-Edge File - comes with a 150mm base-edge specific Cut 16 File which is a little finer cut and optimal for setting the angle of the base-edges.
- File Brush- used to clean and increase the longevity of all your files.
- Diamond Stones - choose between a 200, 400, 600 and 1000 grits. 110mm x 25mm or 4.4"x 1" in length and designed to fit perfectly in your Base Edge Guides. With replaceable diamond sheets you'll never need to buy or replace the backing plate - saving you money.
- Gummi Stone - is what you'll use for the final deburring of your edges. Also recommended for polishing the stainless steel glide plates on your Guides should they get scratched.
- WC Sidewall Remover with Micro-adjuster & Stablizer - this is our best Sidewall tool because stability & adjustability is important when you're learning to remove your sidewalls. Creates clean and smooth sidewalls. Choose between: round standard, round sharp, square or a multi carbide cutter. Removing sidewall is mandatory to achieve the exact bevel you desire on side-edges. Simply turn the thumb knob to dial in the exact cutting tolerance.
Used by: All-Mountain Skiers, Free-Riders, Ski Racers and Snowboarders.
SIDECUT® Ski & Snowboard tuning and wax products in Canada, USA, Europe, Norway, Sweden, Australia & New Zealand.
© 2022 Sidecut Tuning All Rights Reserved